Brenda knew at an early age that she wanted to become an artist.Then in 1995 Brenda wanted to go further and turn it into art by taking college courses with ceramics, 2D art and as many other courses she could find. Then headed to the art colleges. Attending ACAD in Calgary and Red Deer College.
In 2005 Brenda was introduced to a sculptural fabric hardener from Holland called Paverpol. In 2006 she took her certification training and has now earned her MPPT from the company.
She started her company in 2006 near Blackfalds, Alberta.
Brenda became a full time artist/distributor/teacher in paverpol sculpture for Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. She held art retreats every summer from 2010 – 2016. Then moved to British Columbia in 2017-2022
She moved back to Calgary, Alberta in 2022
Please visit www.twistedleaf.ca
Email : Twistedleafart@icloud.com(Do not cut and paste please type it in)
• Jury Award New York Gallery – St Sebastian – 2008
• Fund raiser piece raised $4,200.00 – 2008
• Best of ’11 in Art & Print with homestars.com
• Best of ’12 in Art & Print with homestars.com
• Taught at Casa Buena Art retreat in Mexico 2014, 2015
Twisted Leaf art retreats from 2015 - 2017
• Art Exposed 2020 - Kamloops, BC Honourable mention -2020
• “Womanition” magazine – 2009
• Womanition book “Women in Progress” -2009
• Red Deer Advocate – 2008
• Blackfalds Life newspaper 2015